‘Tis the season to be jolly….and overindulgent, which can have an impact on your health. Try our top tips to stay well this winter and still have a fabulous festive time.
Many of us enjoy a few beers here and there, some fizz to see in the new year, a glass of mulled wine at the Christmas market or a few G&Ts whilst waiting for Santa. However, these soon mount up to much more than the 14 units recommended a week.
- If you are thirsty have a glass of water so you don’t drink your alcohol so quickly.
- Order smaller sized drinks a small glass of wine is 125ml approx 1.5 units whereas a large is 250ml approx 3 units.
- Use the days between Christmas and New Year to have at least 3 days alcohol free.
- Drink plenty of water to replenish and clean your system.
- Visit www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information on alcohol